Making your own homemade bread is simple. Just like any other homemade food, you have the ability to control the ingredients that go into your bread and keep it as healthy as possible. In the past, I used to make sourdough bread. Its a long process.
Today I will show you a much easier recipe that is guaranteed to succeed.
Many people are worried about using yeast. they’ve had some failures in the past. If you follow some simple principles, you will avoid pitfalls.
- yeast likes warmth. too hot isn’t good because it’ll kill the yeast. Body temperature is great. In the oven, you may have a setting for ‘proof’ that is geared for yeast dough. If you don’t have that setting, you can use the ‘oven light’ button, it is the same.
- Kneading by hand for 10 minutes will give your bread great texture, don’t skip that part.
- Keep salt away from direct contact with the yeast. When making the dough, add the salt at the end.
here is the recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon high-quality salt (Himalayan sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-1/4 to 6-3/4 cups bread flour or any other flour
In a large bowl add the flour. Add yeast, water and sugar, mix it all together with your hands. When combined roughly, add the salt and oil and knead into a smooth dough, for about 10 minutes or until your hands get tired.
Proof for 2 hours.
Knead a little more and place in a greased loaf pan. Proof again for 2 hours.
Right before you are ready to bake the bread, place an empty baking pan on the lowest rack of the oven. Boil water in a kettle and pour it into the pan
Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes. bread should look brown on all sides and have a hollow sound when tapping on it.
let it cool down before slicing.